Saturday 12 April 2008

Good Lunch and Trivia

Lunch club a success, food basic but plentiful and the place quite crowded. When I arrived home there was a parcel from Lands End with a couple of linen shirts and a couple of skirts which I shall get shortened today. The quality is really good with the linen skirt seams oversewn with tape.

Tried to get Nibby on the phone today but no luck. She may have left for Canada, but will try again tomorrow and have emailed Pierre to ask when she is expected. Have also emailed Bear.

I am also supposed to be catsitting my neighbour's sick cat from today, but have had no further information about the blood tests, emergency numbers etc. and don't know what time he is leaving so will stay at home until he leaves.

It's the London Marathon tomorrow. I am supposed to be having a Vietnamese meal with college pals in Spitalfields but don't know whether it is lunchtime or evening. I hope it is in the evening as the transport should be OK by then.

Dear me, if you are buying euros, the value appears to be almost one to one, i.e. if you change £100 to euros, you get from 120 to 140 euros, not great. Dorothy and Julian must be feeling the strain.

No comments: