Saturday 19 April 2008

Loss, Lunch and Sauerkraut Again

Mavis very perky this morning. Her owner is due back at lunchtime today.

I have somehow managed to lose my new Land's End cardigan thingy which I recall bringing back home in a red carrier bag on Thursday. However I do not have it now so will have to research my movements on that evening. Nuisance as I was going to wear it today with the newly altered matching skirt.

Today Dorian and I are doing a lunch offer of two courses and a Bellini at the Waterloo Brasserie. Hope it's OK. They have emailed me and rang me this morning to remind me which is a bit worrying. Not sure if this is routine or if they are desperate. Not everyone is even up by 11am on a Saturday. Hmmm..

I bought a packet containing an onion, two carrots, a parsnip and two turnips. I browned some sliced onions in bacon fat and added the chopped onion then some stock and white wine and the other vegetables, a bit of gin and some drained sauerkraut and arranged some chopped frankfurters and potatoes on top and cooked for a while. The result was OK but I found that more potatoes and seasoning were required so added a bayleaf, more pepper and a bit more stock, cooked for another 30 minutes and the result was excellent imho. Anyway I keep eating bowls of this and it will certainly last until Sunday night. Pity I am lunching out in a way, but a change of diet will probably be beneficial.

No comments: