Friday 18 April 2008

Let Me Bore You - Again

I am without internet at home so posting and reading etc. in Lye Torng. Today I am nibbling some Thai dim sum, v. nice.

A couple of eventful days: Dorothy and Julian now back from sorting the complicated electricity problem and arranging contents insurance in Barcelona, me dealing with the sale of 90 freeholds in Surrey which involved lots of last minute hitches and complications, not entirely over yet, and me asking Romy at least twice to pass the arsenic during an evening meeting. Meetings are proving quite indigestable.Or is it 'ible'?

Howsomever, as they used to say in Devon - MOMENTOUS news for Romy with far flung rellies suddenly surfacing. Very exciting indeed and so like my own surprise about this time last year discovering sisters, cousins, aunts etc. Weird coincidence, but all thanks to modern communications. Hopefully more of this later.

ITV pestering me for recipes which I sent. The programme is currently on course for mid May, probably the week we are in France for Monday and Tuesday. I may not return from France. We shall see.

Also, collected my new skirts, nicely altered, today. I ordered a wonderful Victorian style minicake or choccie mould from the Museum Collection which arrived this morning. It looks too good to use, but I can't wait to hurl a bit of cake mix into it just to see if the deep moulded patterns come through, though knowing my cooking they will all stick. We shall see. My cleaner Rosie also reappeared yesterday, so it was good to come back to a nearly pristine flat.

Nibby is due to arrive in two or three weeks and I am very excited about this. I also achieved the purchase of a new washing machine, a Bosch, due to be installed on Monday afternoon

No comments: