Saturday 19 April 2008

More of Less

Dorothy and Julian came around last night. They had bought me some antibiotics and some absinthe from Spain. They also came bearing cheeses and cold bits and pieces, so we spread a picnic on the table and had a bottle of hearty red wine with it. My poor old sauerkraut was ignored so I will have to finish it today.

It seems that Dorothy had planned to change my washing machine for a built in IKEA model as soon as mine bit the dust and was irritated that I had bought the Bosch. Julian pointed out that my kitchen was so untidy that what I put in there really didn't matter!

Funny for a non cook: I am giving culinary tips to a bachelor in Lye Torng, Ray, who I have advised on the cooking of venison and who is now going to try the very easy lemon posset, though typically he had bought lemon in a bottle. I advised him to go for a fresh lemon in the recipe which he says he will now do. I wonder.

No comments: