Monday 14 April 2008

One Thing and Another

Eventually found the Vietnamese restaurant and had a good meal and meeting with my college pals last night. Arrived home really late.

Text from Dorothy requesting Spanish bank details. It seems that there has been an electric problem in the building and my electric box thing is very dangerously wired up in an odd way - and apparently there is some question that someone has been wiring in to it and stealing my electricity as the bills have been very high, considering there is hardly ever anyone there. Poor Dorothy and Julian have had a horrible time there dealing with all this and insurance for the flat, and haven't had any relaxation, just all the stress caused by these problems - then straight back to work on Wednesday after getting back on Tuesday night.

The latest scam at Tesco is to advertise a promotional low price, then charge the full price at the till because they haven't put the promotional price in the tills. I nearly fell foul of this but fortunately explained before paying that the item was supposed to be cheaper,was told it was being sold at the full price, so just did not buy it. Apparently thousands of these so-called promotions could go through without the customer checking the price. It may be a mistake, but the staff were not at all interested in changing things or reporting it when I pointed it out. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

Took my two new skirts in for shortening today and will collect them on Friday. I was complimented on one of my new dresses last night, so have decided that Lands End is a goer for future orders. I may lash out on some bathers for the summer.

No comments: