Tuesday 8 April 2008

Lovely Ring and Domestic Disasters


Shane 'the voice' Hampsheir serenading a senior.

Julian rang tonight to say the ruby ring had arrived and that it was wonderful. Julian has yet to check if the ruby is a genuine natural one, but loves the ring anyway. Connie from the local news forum has a gorgeous bright pinky red ring which is apparently rubellite. Very lovely it is, too.

My chairman and his wife both have terrible flu. A lot of people seem to have this at the moment. I think my antibiotics though not able to attack the virus, seem to have stopped the chest infection from progressing.

More bad luck for Dorothy and Julian, due to go to Barcelona tomorrow. There is apparently no electricity in the flat, though I have paid the bills. They will stay in a hotel while trying to sort this out.

I have been making more soda bread tonight.Earlier, I came in from work and was a bit thirsty so grabbed a large bottle of lemonade. Just as I released the old-fashioned top, it fizzed up and squirted all over my clothes, the kitchen floor and the tops. At that moment the doorbell went. It was Ocado, delivering my groceries. Rather bad timing as they had to dump my stuff in the hall. I spent ages cleaning the sticky stuff from the floor before I could unpack the groceries, and also had to change and wash my clothes. I really don't know where I found the energy to make the bread.

No comments: