Sunday 27 April 2008

Food Ad Nauseam


Here's another shadow, this time reflected across my laptop.

Woke up rather late this morning. Had a coffee in the Latino place with a little round cake thing for breakfast while reading the Observer for a bit. It was a bit drizzly so sat around the house reading more before deciding to come to the Lye Torng for lunch. I have just had a glass of chenin blanc, which is quite harmless and not unpleasant, and a very good prawn green curry. The place is quite empty apart from one other regular, and serves as a private dining room which is great for me, but not so good for the proprietors. I don't think the SE1 lunch club are interested in it, which is a pity, as I feel the food makes up for the lack of other diners. I must say when I went to the Tai Tip Mein at Elephant I did not recover from the stomach upset for a week or so.

Last night I had some coq au vin with a little rice. Very good. Followed by my sweet wine posset. Watched a very silly but funny film called 'What Women Want' which was ideal after an excess of dinner.

I have undertaken to give lunch on 26th May to at least two fellow telly victims and their families. It will be a buffet and it seems that Karen is afraid of starving and is already threatening to start baking. I hope the weather is fine and people can wander into the garden with their glasses etc. and the smokers can smoke.

I am trying to think of what to take Nibby to in the way of galleries. I think the National Portrait Gallery is a must, and maybe Anselm Kiefer and Bob and Roberta Wilson. Not sure if anything is coming on at the Hayward, will look it up. South Bank will be a good visit anyway and maybe we can have a look at some evening performance there. Borough Market on Friday morning will be a good visit, and perhaps Covent Garden.

No comments: