Saturday 19 April 2008

Lunch, Baby Cakes and return of internet

We had a good lunch in Waterloo Brasserie. After a Bellini each, Dorian started with gravadlax which was apparently fine, then we both went for coq au vin with a glass of red wine. We finished up sharing a berry crumble with ice cream and some decent coffee.

I now feel rather tired. I shall go home and have a rest, then make some more soda bread.

I have used the Victorian style cake mould to make some tiny sponge fairy cakes and sprinkled icing sugar over them. I had halved the amount of flour so they are quite buttery. Very pretty. I have also made some more soda bread, omitting the butter as I did last time, which seems to improve it a bit.

My internet is suddenly back after a week. Good, I can surf at home.

No comments: