Friday 13 November 2009

Caturday

Absolutely pissing down with lots of wind all night. Even got a little cold in bed once or twice. Which made the rain seem closer and quite exciting.

Less exciting was the touch of postural hypotension caused by getting up when I staggered about rather insanely for a few seconds before steadying myself. Kooky took some interest in this spectacle and crawled to the edge of the bed to observe the show.

Madeleine rang last night having read of my mishap and offering to accompany me to hospital if necessary in future. She too is having a bad time, as is the whole family, with her sister's very serious illness. She is travelling down to see her today. I hope she is careful, driving in this awful weather. We are all very worried just now, and trying to find ways of coping and helping. I do wish I had a car at times like this, though since I have not been in touch much over the past few years, feel reluctant to appear intrusive at this stage, and it is probably better to communicate through Madeleine, who is keeping me posted.

No comments: