Friday 13 November 2009

Unwelcome A & E Visit and Friday 13th.

After a normal day at work I arrived home, fed the cat, and rather early, reheated some coq au vin and started eating this while watching TV. Suddenly I started to feel very dizzy, my sight became a bit odd with a slightly cross-eyed effect and I had a feeling of numbness inside my head. Panicked a bit, before gingerly turning to locate my bag with my mobile in it. Carefully and rather unsteadily walked to sofa and phoned 999. Felt very nauseous and rang Dorothy, who arrived in about ten minutes at the same time as the ambulance. Some tests were done, all normal apart from a fast heart rate but the men persuaded me to go to Tommy's.

Big mistake. On the plus side, sat next to Dorothy for the longest time in ages. 'Good to have some quality time' Dorothy said, which made me laugh. It was carnage in there - but eventually managed to have an ECG, blood tests etc. Persuaded Dorothy to go home after four hours to have dinner. Immediately someone sat next to me and commenced farting which was not great, and just after he left was replaced by a poor old man who had shat himself. Dear me.

Then the drunks started arriving. At one point there were almost as many police as hospital staff. Eventually seen by an exhausted young doctor who did all the physical tests and said I should go home and take it very easy and rest up for a few days and see my doctor if anything recurred. Of course by this time the nausea which had been quite bad, and the dizziness etc. had all worn off so I felt a bit of a fraud. I suppose it was six hours later.

Julian collected me in a cab and went home, so I was glad to drop into bed. I think that if I feel very ill, next time I shall just lie down at home and hope for the best!

Had an excessively long lie-in after feeding Kooky at 7.30. Listening to radio 4, then surfaced for tea and toast at 10am. Feeling very decadent. Have not missed much since it is peeing with rain outside.

No comments: