Thursday 26 November 2009

Third Bath Disaster

Took today off - trying to catch up on my leave. Disaster - had just got up the courage to have a bath a few weeks ago, put the side back on the bath, and lo! this morning heard water raining down into the studio. Again. This is the third major leak. Have tried to mop up a bit in a desultory fashion but the drip continues. I had put a plastic dish under the previous leak area and taking the side off the bath, this is completely full and dripping into an adjacently place plate as well as going through the ceiling. If only I had placed a biscuit tin there instead I would have heard the water coming through. I now wish I had never had the bathroom redone. I spend more time worrying about it than using it. Under normal circumstances I would just buy an old fashioned bath with old fashioned taps and drainage but all the piping has been redone for this modern bath with central drain which just keeps breaking. I give up. No reply from the plumber - probably gone skiing.

No comments: