Sunday 1 November 2009

Sunday before Hayling

Packing and unpacking. Can't decide what to wear.Pissing with rain and very windy outside. Absolutely vile. Hope it improves during the week. Large bruise on my arm following 'flu jab.

Kooky keeps falling asleep on the windowsill, then suddenly dropping off onto the floor with a huge thud. I have now put a table with a cushion in front of the windowsill, hoping this will break his fall next time.

I do hope he will remember how to get in the catflap while I am away. He seems to get out when he wants to, but somehow he doesn't find it easy getting back, so sometimes he stays out all day, mewing pitifully to be let in when I get back from work. Let's hope he will be OK, especially with all this bad weather. Perhaps Julian will look in on him a few times. I still feel guilty going away and leaving him.

The Chairman rang up this morning to say that our previous chairman had sadly died. He thought we should send a bunch of flowers to the funeral on behalf of the trustees. He is going to discuss this tomorrow morning.

No comments: