Tuesday 24 November 2009

Tuesday At Home

Nobody could accuse me of doing too much today. Have spent a totally indolent day finishing my latest Marie Corelli novel 'The Sorrows of Satan' written very melodramatically - so Victorian, but a real page turner for an oldie like me. Done two loads of washing and tidied up a bit but masses still to do However, I have ordered most of my Christmas cards, personalised and to be sent in the next couple of days, so even earlier than usual. A couple of address changes need to be checked on, but most of this is now done, so less to worry about. I just need to carry on decluttering over the next few days.

Have been thinking about the funeral Romy attended today. Someone everybody will miss badly. A sad day.

Dorothy and Julian back from Spain and I am back to work tomorrow, but just for a day, since I am owed so much leave and need to take some of it by the end of the year. I hope the cleaner, who is due tomorrow, doesn't leave the flat in such chaos as last week, with her glasses left behind, lights left on and the internet disconnected. Fingers crossed.

No comments: