Friday 20 November 2009

Success at Bluewater

I was dreading this a bit. In the event we were fifteen less on the coach, which seemed to make it all more manageable, so Romy and I staggered off and it was quite enjoyable. As Romy said, the secret to not getting exhausted seems to be to take frequent rests on the way round. We had two breaks at the food bar at John Lewis - the first for seafood and wine, and the second for cheese and wine. We shared a platter which was sustaining without being excessive. Some success for both of us in Evans, we both purchased some excellent toffee vodka - this sounds vile but is actually delicious. Apparently one can pour it over ice cream or serve it with apple juice, which makes it taste like a toffee apple, which definitely appeals to me. Romy rounded the last few stragglers up and kindly made a couple of purchases for me which I had failed to achieve, for which I must repay her.

My Christmas and birthday treat this year will be to go to the Tsarina's Slippers at the ROH. I think it is really a children's show, but visually very spectacular which is what appeals to me. It was difficult to get a ticket online but finally found one for the last night. Very expensive, which is why it is my Christmas and birthday etc. so something to look forward to. The price and dearth of tickets have made me sensible and only purchase one ticket this time. The only alternative was a box - and even when feeling at my most extravagant, £500 seems rather a lot to pay for an evening's entertainment.

No comments: