Monday 16 November 2009

Mortality and Triviality

Rather sad to read about the death of Winifred Tumim, who used to be a member of the Community Health Council in Hammersmith many years ago, when I ran this. I have obviously reached that time of life now when I read of people's deaths. That is the third in so many weeks. I remember Winifred as very cheerful,smart, and a very effective member of the CHC.

It is very dull today. I am taking tomorrow off and will meet Madeleine in Chelsea in the early evening for a quick drink. She is bearing up despite very negative pressures at the moment. Have been collecting some family snaps for her.

I have been very badly darning some mothy kind of holes in a patchwork blanket - one of my less successful ebay purchases. It looks as though it belongs in a gypsy caravan, along with two other crochet square blankets I also bought. Fortunately the other two are made of some synthetic wool so haven't attracted moths in the same way. I don't really know why, but I verge between absolute minimalism, everything all white or beige,plain silver cutler, and absolute maximalist kitsch, Laguiole cutlery, etc etc etc. What I need is an absolutely enormous house to play with, instead of a two bedroomed flat.

No comments: