Monday 30 March 2009

Definitely Monday Morning

Dear me! I had far too much to drink last night with a consequent lowering of the tone of conversation, so I am hoping that everyone else had also drunk too much and forgotten most of the proceedings - particularly since a wonderful old whisky was produced at the end of the meal.

We started with an Italian salad of orange slices with black olives and fennel strips which was very refreshing with a very pleasant white wine. We then went on to the main course - delicious beef casserole with pommes dauphinoise, carrots and cabbage. James produced a very good rioja to accompany this, and then on to my trifle, and Gillian had cleverly found a dark pink dessert wine to match. We then had coffee with mints and the aforesaid whiskey. Nomad's flat is a lovely modern flat in Shad Thames with a huge ceiling to floor window overlooking the Thames - a lovely setting.

I feel somewhat jaded this morning which is hardly a surprise. Must get upstairs to feed Mavis when I have fed Malvolio.

Quite funny - just fed Malvolio and was unlocking the upstairs door when a voice called out -'don't worry, I haven't gone yet!' - I was sure my neighbour was leaving last night, but fortunately he is still here and will feed Mavis this morning - just as well, in my hungover state.

No comments: