Saturday 7 March 2009

Saturday Painting Again


Took my new mac down to E & C for alteration but the place was closed, despite the owner having told me they were open on Saturday. Annoying as it was heavy to carry there and back. Had coffee and a croissant and bought some milk before returning later for lunch at Lye Torng. Knee really bad, but I found a trendy little wide elastic belt that Julian had given me last year to support the other knee, and wound it around twice. It still hurt like hell, but felt supported at least.

Bought a pomegranate and painted it whole today. Tomorrow I may cut it in half and paint the halves. Was reading something by Baselitz saying he had been determined when he started only to paint ugly things. Funnily, I was thinking of painting fruit first fresh, then rotting in several stages. May still do this. Bananas would be ideal. I may do some spotty ones next, then some blackened rotting ones. We shall see. Some of my paintings are also 'sinking' a bit so may prime them a bit more.

No comments: