Tuesday 5 January 2010

5th January 2010

My higher calorie day was somewhat scuppered by two pork pies at 277 cals each. Not quite in the diet spirit. Still. Cold comfort food. Dear me.

Back at work for the first time, sent a cheque for income tax off, sorted out a few papers and the treasurer, due on Thursday, announced he was coming over as the weather forecast was not good, so not much more done. Romy's birthday - sent a text and she sent a snap of herself sunning it in Spain at a spa hotel with a glass of cava in her hand - go Romy!

Forecast is for lots of snow and ice in the next 24 hours so I shall consider my position re office attendance tomorrow morning. My cab driver told me that someone in the office broke her arm slipping on ice the other day. If I venture out I may wear crampons. We shall see.

Madeleine rang. I am worried about her. She is doing too much - I may have to stand over her and force her to eat a whole box of Rococo chocs, we shall see.

Kooky causing trouble again by screaming outside in the dark when I can't find a torch. However he has reappeared, apparently none the worse for wear.

No comments: