Sunday 17 January 2010

Lazy Sunday

Dorothy and Julian came around last night bearing cakes to see my new furniture. Later, Julian took us to Ba Shan, their new discovery opposite Bar Shu. It used to be a noodly kind of place but is now doing mains. We had a prawn and chilli sauce starter, an aubergine starter, followed by a huge fish with noodles and rice and a huge bowl of crab claws in chilli with other bits and pieces. Delicious. It is Dorothy's current favourite restaurant. Seems the cuisine is Hunnan - even hotter than Szechuan.

Spoke to Nibby this morning who has her Oz citizenship - congrats from all. I shall have to have another go at the studio to try and make it comfortable for her visit later this year.

I went to John Lewis yesterday and purchased a few prizes for the pensioners party raffle on Friday, which is the same day as Nibby's birthday. I shall raise a glass for Nibs on the day. I found some quite fun prizes, such as a Hotel Chocolat Pretty in Pink goody bag full of choccie things, some Roger & Gallet guest soaps, a very fancy bath cap and a first aid kit in a red WWII type tin with a crown and white printed message 'keep calm and carry on' which is quite fun. We will have to purchase masses more bits and pieces next week. I shall put in a couple of books and a bottle or two of wine. And do my usual jewellery search for a couple of little pieces. We shall see.

I must remember to purchase some more glucosamide today. I shall have a quiet day, I hope, vegging out with the papers.

No comments: