Sunday 3 January 2010

Dietary Matters

Sunday. Kooky is learning to leave me until nearly 8am, which is excellent.

I was reading about an odd diet system whereby you eat normally for one day, then diet the next etc. You need to start with a very low calorie diet on your diet days at first: around 500 cals for the first week, then gradually up, i.e. 750 for a week, then 1000 then up to 1500 cals. It is supposed to work by some very complicated mechanism. American of course. I have just purchased a 28 day supply of Diet Chef stuff on special value at QVC. Watching the programme, it became apparent that the food, in sachets to microwave, is probably the same as the food in Sainsbury's and Waitrose which I had been getting, with perhaps the quantities a bit less and differently branded of course. It does look very good, and will help with the diet days.

Meanwhile I have decided that I may be short on Vitamin D, so forced myself to have some mashed sardines on toast, about half a tin. Fortunately they were lemon sardines which cut the richness just a little. I grilled them on a piece of toast. I shall have to try and persevere with the oily fish. Apparently fresh salmon is a good source, and I do like that.

I expect the whole nation is considering a diet after the Christmas excesses.

No comments: