Wednesday 13 January 2010

Wednesday Afternoon

Woke up to thick snow everywhere and Kooky reluctant to exit the house. If there hadn't been a meeting tonight I would have stayed at home. Romy rang to say she could not get a flight back since Gatwick is closed. I was going to ask Julian to come around tomorrow and receive the furniture, but when I set off to find a cab the weather was so awful I decided to cancel tomorrow's panto visit. Having done this, of course the weather has improved and the snow melted. Still, it may happen again tonight. Romy rang the office again to say she might try for a flight on Friday or at the weekend. I hope she is able to get back before the party on Friday week. We have already had to replace one of the entertainers. I have to be off on Tuesday, so we will have to purchase raffle prizes for the party on Wednesday or Thursday, or both. I do hope the weather clears up before Friday, or we will have a disaster on our hands.

My food from the Diet Chef through QVC arrived. The parcel was so heavy I could hardly move it. If I eat stuff weighing that amount over 28 days no wonder I am so fat. So far I have tried porridge and granola - both good; oat snacks - good; vegetable soup which smells like school dinners but tastes fine and spicy, and paella which is fine but bears no relation to actual paella. There is a lot of variety and it all looks OK and I am sure would be a harmless diet with the addition of some fruit and vegetables. We shall see.

Meeting at the office tonight may ring Julian to see about Kooky's dinner.

No comments: