Sunday 31 January 2010

Pensioner's Party

The party was a huge success. The mayor was there in his chain, and insisted on playing bingo before he left for another event. There were sausage rolls, sandwiches, several kinds of trifle, cakes and sweets and masses of booze. And crackers. There was a disco, karaoke, and a session from MIA (Moving Into Age), all dancers over 50, a raffle, and later, some lady Morris dancers.

I met my predecessor, who had organised the cakes and made the trifles, and one of our previous trustees, Hilary Wines, wearing the most enormous gold watch ever seen. I commented on this amazing bling, which Hilary had purchased at Borough Jewellers. She was wearing a long skirt with a most wonderful shot silk wrapped top - very elegant. Our Chairman was also there, meeting and greeting. Another trustee, Pat Notton, was fronting the show. It was all too much for an old lady like me - I left as the lights lowered for the disco, before the Morris dancers, whom I had seen previously. I had put on some lowish heels for the occasion, which squashed my toes up a bit, and was happy to get home and throw my shoes off later. I did manage to get rid of the umbrella which had been left behind at our party, but am left with a scarf and a cardigan, which will go back to the office until claimed.

No comments: