Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday Evening

Along came the cavalry in the form of Julian brandishing a torch and all sorts of goodies from IKEA. Of course Kooky had resurfaced by then, but Julian helped me put the troublesome cover back on the sofa seat - so much easier with two people, and climbed up on the ladder to bring my curtains down for the wash. We noted that the blind is rather grubby and will soon need replacing.

I was thoroughly admonished for my general clutter, persistent buying of cheap rubbish, and mess. The new bureau is due to arrive on Saturday which will help with paperwork clutter. I explained that I intend to get rid of the ricketty cupboard in the hall and replace with a chest of drawers. I seem to find a chests of drawers better for storage somehow. I shall also replace the broken chest of drawers in the studio, and may eventually replace the cheap white IKEA cupboard under the TV with a chest of drawers.

I have checked my boiler and it seems not to qualify for replacing so maybe I need the plumber to bleed the radiators. Which might make it run better. I was hoping to benefit from the Government offer of £400 towards the several thousand pounds that replacement would cost, but apparently not. Oh well.

No comments: