Friday 8 January 2010

Friday

Even colder today - apparently minus 22 odd somewhere in Scotland.

Rather cold in bed despite the granny blankets, not helped by Kooky sleeping elsewhere. I shall see if I can find a duvet today since the weather shows no signs of improving.

Started sneezing this morning which is rather ominous, especially with delivery of a desk tomorrow, a late evening meeting next Wednesday, followed by three chests of drawers on Thursday - not a great time to get ill. Haven't been able to wash any clothes as I have run out of washing tablets and forgot to order them from Ocado. I may have to go out today and purchase some. Perhaps Julian will call about going to Gray's today.

Made another clove orange last night. Instead of drying it out on the windowsill as usual, I have a box of orange peel and rose petal pot pourri which I made before, and have placed the clove orange on this in front of the fire to dry more quickly. I shall turn it over from time to time. It smells warmly aromatic from the cloves.

Found the duvet so I will be warmer tonight.

No comments: