Friday 29 January 2010

Friday

Met up with Jackie, Nomad and SaneJames for lunch at Mamuska. Jackie was rather bothered by the harsh lighting. The deal is that you choose what you want, go up to the counter, order and pay, grabbing cutlery as you do so. They give you a number and call the numbers out so you collect your food. I think you are meant to take your dishes back to the counter when you have finished, too. I had boiled potatoes with meat and sauerkraut, I think it was called Bigos, and a beer for £8. The beer was enormous. Later I had some lemon tea. Nomad had some meat patties, Jackie also had sauerkraut and SaneJames had pea soup with Polish bread, some vodka and some apple and cinnamon cake. The food wasn't exactly boiling hot, but was very nice. There was a good atmosphere and we really enjoyed it.

Afterwards I discovered that you can get passport snaps in Tesco's which was handy. I may venture to the post office to renew my bus pass next week.

No comments: