Sunday 10 January 2010

Polish Food, Elephants and Music

Kooky did not come back for ages last night. I could hear him bleating from another garden in the dark and called him. He eventually managed to get over the fence. I must remember to lock him in at night.

Elephants still being painted in shopping centre. Found a guy doing a free electronic music workshop where you can have a go - more to come from Point Blank. Going on all January in Brixton. If you book to go to one of these in Brixton you gain free entry to a celebrity masterclass led by Jony Rockstar (Sugarbabes, Amy Winehouse, Alicia Keys). There - my reader can become famous - if it works, don't forget my commission! More info at www.londonslearning.org.

Had a chat about art and people were surprised to hear that my dissertation subject 'Art and Money' was turned down in 1995.

Passed the new Mamuska Polish restaurant - advertising meals for a fiver. Must try the sauerkraut some time.

On the way back passed Abbey National whose cashpoints now bear the name 'Santander'. Takes me back to the heady days of 2003 in Barcelona and people who kept telling me that Spanish banks were always going bust, and how safe all our money was guaranteed when in British Banks. Times change.

No comments: