Sunday 3 January 2010

Old Bat New Hat


Just spoke to Nibby who is starting a diet. She is 11.5 stone and I am 17.4 stone. We will check with each other once a week. She wants to lose a stone. I would be happy to lose at least 9. Which is somewhat unlikely.

She has a citizenship interview next Thursday. It will be good if she gets citizenship - seems there are so many art competitions which she can't enter without it. The children are happy - Nibby skypes them on a regular basis, and is going to email me Bear's address.

Dorothy and Julian rang me from IKEA last night in case I had any needs. In fact I do need a new set of light saucepans since the non-stick has come off my cheap ones, and Julian has also purchased me a larger one with a lid which is very light. I can now chuck my old pans away. I think they have also bought a rubbish thingy which fits inside the kitchen door in an attempt to stop me leaving carrier bags full of rubbish dangling from handles in the Spanish style. They are so kind to me.

Ventured as far as the shopping centre and purchased a newspaper, stopping at the Oasis for a couple of coffees. Bitterly cold and a few flakes of snow on the way back. This is me, above, wrapped up for the cold and with my cheap hat and fabric rose on the side. Slowly getting rid of Christmas detritus around the flat.

No comments: