Saturday 2 January 2010

Unchristmassing


Well, the tree's down. I keep feeling dizzy, so have to take frequent rests. The tree has spread more fake snow, all over me, the rug and the floor. Despite this I have managed to jam the three parts into three black bags. I can't face even this next year so will chuck it out, today if I can face it. Somewhere I had a long print of a decorated tree. If I haven't chucked it out that may well be my 'tree' for next year if I am here still. If it has gone, I may well seek out a 'bald' little tree and spray it white and decorate that.

Oh dear. I definitely can't get the cover back on the sofa seat, dammit. I am dizzy, out of breath and exhausted after trying. I shall have to put a blanket over it and put the cover away in the cupboard. I kind of knew it was a mistake, washing the thing. It is fitted and therefore very tight and needs great strength to cram it back in - much harder than getting it off, which was quite bad enough. I now wish I had an old fashioned sofa with a loose cover. Because they are made of linen they are much easier to deal with. I give up. Actually the sofa looks awful anyway because of the shower door stored behind it.

No comments: