Friday 22 January 2010

Friday Party and Saturday Morning

Set off for the party this morning. Everything ran pretty smoothly - the food was good, the music was good and people enjoyed the raffle. Though Romy did most of the running about despite her cold, I felt quite exhausted and fell asleep for an hour after I arrived back home. I have done an Ocado order which will arrive on Sunday morning and done one load of dishwashing. I shall vegetate in front of the TV tonight.

Watched CBB then fell into bed. Reading my first James Ellroy which seems pretty good. May read more by this guy. Kooky woke me up at 7, so fed him and went back to bed until 9. I may be starting a cold. Romy has one but only for the last day or so. We shall see.

I hope Nibby had a good birthday - I did raise a glass to her yesterday.

My weight loss attempts have been less than successful this week. Purchased a tin of fudge and devoured the lot within a few days. Just because it was there.Someone gave me a hugely tempting box of chocs yesterday. After devouring five chocs last night I decided to give the rest away just to avoid further temptation. I shall attempt to keep more fresh fruit in the house for these moments. After decanting my wonderful diet food from Diet Chef, I found the instruction booklet in the bottom of the container. It does not add much but some of the advice might be quite useful for eating out.

Seems very smoky inside today. Perhaps the people upstairs smoke. Or their guests. I have looked up an air filter system which I may have to purchase if this persists as I have a slight breathing problem - I know I am allergic to barbecue smoke and think I may be allergic to cigarette smoke.

No comments: