Friday 27 April 2012

Foul Weather

Met Romy, who kindly gave me lunch at the Tapas place. Great fun and we had a long chat about all our news. I was just walking to the bus stop in Borough High Street when I heard a very loud bang, like a bomb or loud gunshot. Everyone looked around but we could not see anything. I saw no reports about this, but tweeted and posted to the SE1 forum just in case anyone knows what it was. I have been toying with the idea of going back to Westerham again, but the weather has precluded this so far. I am also somewhat boracic at the moment, too, and charity shops might prove too much of a temptation. We shall see. Chatted with Nibby, who tells me that she had a recipe from me (which I have forgotten) and she calls it 'fake Gentleman's Relish'. Here it is: blend together a handful of capers, two handsful of black olives, three cloves of garlic peeled, some pepper, a small tin of tuna in olive oil, undrained, and a tin of anchovies, also undrained. You can add some lemon zest and a little juice, and a handful of parsley. Whizz until the consistency of a thick jam, and put in a jam jar in the fridge. It will keep for a bit, and is very good to replace sweets in a diet. Spread on crispbreads, use as a dip for crudites, and spread both sides of a cheese toastie. Also very good with pasta. Very good. If I say so myself.

No comments: