Sunday 1 April 2012

Sketching at the Hunterian

Yesterday was a bit colder, but after a coffee and a chat with a few local denizens at the Elephant, I set forth for the Royal College of Surgeons for the Hunterian Museum. Plenty of artists arrived and we stationed ourselves about the place to draw. It really is a good place to draw, and they provide folding stools which is helpful. I had only done a couple of sketches, including the foetus above, when I was diverted by the promise of a lecture by a retired heart surgeon, Mr Jeffreys. This was excellent and put paid to any further efforts. We all met up in a very good pub called the Cittie of York in High Holborn. This is a very old building, and an excellent place for a drink. I toyed with the idea of a Thai meal in the evening, but decided I was a bit knackered so subsided in front of the telly instead. Now reading all of Guy de Maupassant's short stories, again. Dorothy came back with a few bruises from the skiing experience in Colorado. I hope we will meet soon.

No comments: