Friday 9 January 2009

Buying Raffle Prizes

Such a busy day! Romy back again. Her hairstyle is fabulous. After a bit of admin work, we decided to shop for the raffle prizes, so set forth for Fortnums's, where after much deliberation we settled on some old-fashioned sweets, some biscuits, cakes and teas, mostly in very nice tins, before setting off later for Marks & Spencer in Oxford Street. In between, we had a birthday lunch at the Criterion for Romy, which I hope she enjoyed, and I certainly did. We found masses more prizes at Marks, then totally overladen, fell into a cab to go home. Not having foreseen our shopping trip, I had worn a rather uncomfortable pair of shoes, so my feet were extremely painful at the end of the day.

There was a minor dramatic flurry when I could not find my keys, so and repaired to the Lye Torng, carting all the heavy bags, where I found the keys at the bottom of one of the Fortnum's bags. Had a quick Bailey's before a short stagger homewards.

With very little more to get, I hope this year's party will be a great success. Romy is going to order the wine and beer and bring it on the day. I am going to purchase some paper carrier bags at the local pound shop for the punters to carry the prizes home in.

No comments: