Friday 30 January 2009

Glory Land


I may have mentioned my new mini-obsession with Dock Boggs, an American folk singer I heard on a BBC4 programme recently. The tune that made me sit up and listen was 'glory land' which I now have on my Doc Boggs CD.

I was supposed to lunch with the SE1 lunch club and really looking forward to meeting them at the Royal Oak, but had a bit of a tummy upset so thought it wiser to abstain, particularly as I am going to the theatre tonight. So strange: after I saw 'Cage' my neighbour was due to see it, then when I told him I was seeing 'Pitmen Painters' tonight he told me he is seeing this too next Wednesday and was at uni with someone involved in it.

Keeping up the sketching. Don't know whether it is old age or blindness, but all the marks seem to be very crude and forceful. Will have to chill out a bit.

No comments: