Saturday 31 January 2009

Sketchy Efforts


I shall have to stop communicating with my family - we always end up by arguing.

Did some more sketches today - still crap - but worked out I haven't done anything for about 12 years, so probably not surprising. Tried doing a few from the telly and some bits in the room, plus Malvolio's head (above).

Pitmen Painters was very good, but every time they changed scene which was frequently, they seemed to do the same thing as Hytner in the History Boys, i.e. bang around with stuff projected along the back of the stage and various light effects and explosions, which tended to put me off what was going on, but I suppose did keep me awake during the second half, though it got boring. It was worth seeing, though there was the usual dreary middle-class crowd, laughing loudly and knowingly at anything mildly amusing. I am really turning into a grumpy old woman.

No comments: