Saturday 17 January 2009

Old Fashions


This is the 'Mrs Exeter' look on a Vogue cover from 1948 which I think is so cool. It reminds me of those smart older women who always wore hats and furs from my youth. There was an unwritten rule that you couldn't wear furs until you reached a certain age - now you can hardly wear them anyway - though there are some not too bad fakes around. She does look a bit snotty though - and it is obvious that to have this look - the opposite to mine! - you have to be about six feet tall and extremely thin. Oh well.

After putting my oranges and roses in cardboard boxes with some cloves and mixed spices, I have been thinking about making some more pomanders. The ones I made years ago still give off a waft of perfumed air as I pass by.

I am still awaiting the redelivery of art materials which should come on Tuesday. Tomorrow is Sunday and I am anticipating a quiet day, with maybe a trip to Marks. Or not.

I have managed to find a cheap mobile for my ex in Superdrug which cost only £15. I have registered it to his address and his name but chosen a password, though if it gets pinched it won't cost much to replace anyway. I think I shall write out some simplified instructions for use as he has no idea how to use a mobile or look after it. Having said that, it took me a long time to get the mobile registered and put in my number so he just has to press a button in the middle to show this.

No comments: