Friday 9 January 2009

Painter


Just been looking at the website of one of my college friends - www.margotquinn.com - I really like it because it's so nice and plain. It shows her progress in paintings since our college days in the mid nineties and you can see this very clearly. Margot painted my much admired 'flying granny' which is hanging in my hall. I absolutely love all her work, particularly her recent views of roofs and through windows. Looking at her works makes me want to start painting again, but I have never been able to paint and do a job as well. But we shall see. Perhaps I shall do a few sketches out of windows to get me started. I seem to remember Nibby giving me a sketchbook, though I may have passed this on to Julian. We shall see. I like Margot's website because it is very clean and simple.

No comments: