Saturday 24 January 2009

Numbing Boredom

I can't believe that I have been writing this nonsense now for over two years. What a sad life I lead. It is a bit like a long shopping list - but Dorothy tells me it is all about food: a two year meal, maybe? bound to cause indigestion in any case.

Last night I watched quite an interesting programme called Folk America on BBC 4, all about the early combination of black and white music and Appalachian music. I confess to a slight obsession with bluegrass music when a teenager, and a bit of an interest in blues, but never enough to become obsessed with either. However, I was transfixed last night to hear some strange sounds from someone called Dock Boggs, and impulsively ordered a CD from Amazon. It was bizarre and primitive sounding music, but somehow very familiar - something to play on the new CD player if it arrives.

I have had no reply from my card to my ex, inviting him around tomorrow to learn to use a mobile, which is rather a nuisance as I don't know if he is coming. I suppose unless I hear from him I shall assume he isn't, or perhaps hasn't received the card. We shall see, but I have no intentions of hanging around the house all day on the off-chance. Unless it is pouring with rain.

No comments: