Thursday 15 January 2009

Cash Buyer Discovered in London Garden

Romy has surprised me yet again. She said that she heard a strange noise outside her house last night, and looking out she saw people getting out of a van on to her garden, which does not have a fence. She went outside to see what they wanted and they summoned the van driver, who turned out to be a man who had previously been interested in buying her house. They had come to put some stuff in storage in the garage at the back of the houses. "I've just sold my house so I am ready to buy yours" he said to a surprised Romy "I am a cash buyer, shall we shake on it now?"

Romy has recently spent a lot of time and money improving her place, and said she would have to consider the offer. She told me that if the offer was enough, perhaps she might accept it and rent a place for the time being, and maybe buy at some stage later. She is still thinking about it and may show the place to her prospective buyer.

In these days of credit crunch when no agent seems to be able to sell anything, only Romy finds people wandering about her garden at night and making sudden cash offers for her house.

No comments: