Monday 12 January 2009

Lazy Monday with Empty Easel


I have spent a lazy day at home - did some washing and cleaning, brought my easel up and moved some furniture to get the easel into the living room. This will be my studio now. I have ordered some art materials and need something to cover the floor and some dust sheets which can be put away when necessary. I shall concentrate on simple still lifes and window views in acrylics, and some drawing. Since I haven't done any work for ages, it will be total crap no doubt. However I must prepare for what may be the imminent prospect of enforced retirement if my job situation goes pear-shaped.

My next year's tree arrived today which I will store under the stairs. I also received some more dry cat food and a product for cat fleas and other infestations.

I have discovered that drying the finely cut orange peel and rose petals, adding a few cloves and storing loosely in a cardboard box, when opened releases the most fantastic spicy orange scent. I shall eat more oranges and keep some more boxes full of these to open as a pot-pourri when visitors come - if they come! At least the place will smell good.

No comments: