Saturday 24 January 2009

Sad Day


In all the goings-on at work I had been a bit preoccupied, but today emailed Kate about Roxy. She rang me back to say that Roxy was moved into a hospice a couple of days ago, and died in her sleep yesterday morning. I spoke to Roxy's brother who said that she had been in pain all the time when awake, but had been sleeping most of the time in the last few days. Kate was glad she had managed to see our old friend once more before the end.

I am glad for the days that Roxy managed to spend with me in Barcelona together a few years ago and will miss her badly. She was always ringing me with her latest property purchase at auction, and news about how she would redecorate and rearrange it before letting or selling. She thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of the auction and finding ways to improve her flats and houses. I did this small painting of her a few years ago in Barcelona.

No comments: