Monday 12 January 2009

Hospital Visit

I went to see Roxy at the Marsden yesterday. Her brother was there with her. She is up on the fifth floor, where the windows look out on some interesting architecture with Dutch gables, which reminded me of our little eyrie of an office at UCH years ago.

Roxy was not at all well and very sleepy with a morphine drip, so I just had a few words and left some bits and pieces before departing.

Raymond kindly bought me a large drink when I alighted at the Lye Torng, which was gratefully received. I sent a mail to our mutual friend Kat, who will either visit or send some flowers. We both feel rather helpless, but at least Roxy is in good hands, thanks to Kat's insistence on her going to the Marsden instead of her local hospital.

I was rather surprised and pleased to hear my Bing Crosby and Noel Coward playing in the Lye Torng, good relaxing music for a Sunday.

No comments: