Friday 29 May 2009

BGT Last Semifinal

I really am pathetic, watching BGT. The best acts were on the first night. The worst acts are on tonight. I enjoyed the Dream Bears who were very funny, particularly the 'wardrobe problem' Simon pointed out after the end. Then a singing child, Holly, was overtaken by nerves trying to sing 'Edelweiss' and broke down twice,eventually abandoning the performance. Simon promised to find time to let her perform again later. Oh dear, someone is playing an illuminated guitar, with a not brilliant voice. He looks like a bank clerk. He was followed by a very good break dancing boy called Aidan Davis. Then a Welsh guy with an extraordinary falsetto voice singing 'Barcelona'. I can't imagine who will get through - for me the best was probably the break dancing boy, Aidan. I am sure the Bears will not get through, but they were probably the next best.

Paul Potts, the first ever winner, came back to sing before the results.

Great. Aidan, the break dancer is the first finalist. The second is the blubbing child, Holly. Predictable really, but not sure how Holly will hold out tomorrow night. I may even watch it.

No comments: