Friday 8 May 2009

Evil Malvolio Strikes Again

Had a chat with Madeleine last night. She is slowly recovering from her 'flu (not swine 'flu apparently), and going to the countryside today. Watched TV until late last night.

It must be getting light earlier - Malvolio woke me at about 5am by knocking one of a pair of lamps to the floor and breaking it. They were my favourite lamps, white, quite old and Chinese with piercings in them and shaped like a jar. Several bits broke and I am not sure whether it can be mended, so he is not popular today. It took me ages to find suitable shades for them. Anyway, I refused to feed him so early, so he tortured me for another hour or so until I fed him.

Looking at some of the towels I am about to discard from the airing cupboard, some have become hard and crispy. Hard water it seems. On Googling this, the answer appears to be Calgon tablets. Some people do a last rinse with vinegar in the water, but Calgon seems to be the overall winner, so may try these. When I lived in Barcelona I always used fabric conditioner, which is apparently a bad thing. I think the water was softer there in any case. A lot of people swear by dryers, but don't have one of those. Must get a washer drier when I replace the washing machine.

I may go back to bed with a mug of Paladin chocolate and catch up on sleep after my rude awakening.

No comments: