Sunday 24 May 2009

Sunday Outing

For the first time for months, forced myself to go to East Street market. Had a wander around M & S but it's a very small one with nothing interesting. Managed to find a couple of cheap tops then staggered into the most vile pub to sit down and have a diet coke. Only £1. As I sat and drank a man kept going to a counter near me and producing items in plastic bags which he was selling to various punters. Then a sad looking young woman came and asked me if I wanted some M & S ham, which I declined. The place appeared to be a bit of a thieve's kitchen. I left and fetched up in a place called the 'Beaten Path' which was rather cleaner. I had a perfectly edible if not very upmarket roast chicken lunch, with Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes, a yorkshire pudding, some mash, too much gravy, and on another plate, carrots, cabbage and cauliflower. Masses to eat and very good value for £6.99. It is boiling hot today so it was a relief to get out of the sun for a bit.

No comments: