Sunday 10 May 2009

Light at End of Black Bag Tunnel

It's wonderful: Bear arrived, and after a quick coffee set to in my flat. I am now minus a huge cat poo station with roof, a huge TV cluttering up my bedroom and about sixteen really heavy full black bags of old rubbish which he has borne away. I won't say the flat looks empty - there is still masses more to do but I have employed the services of James on Friday who will do another couple of hours for me, either getting rid of more bags or doing a little gardening, possibly both.

Hairdressers for me tomorrow as my hair is far too long, and the colour is dismal. Meanwhile I shall continue decluttering and filling more black bags. It is becoming a lifestyle, though not one of choice.

Had a good chicken green curry in Lye Torng, a pudding of a Kipling French Fancy kindly donated by Ray, with another box full to try experimentally freezing, since they are £1 for a box of six now in Iceland! Good article re MP corruption etc. in the Observer by Andrew Rawnsley. I met him years ago when he became medical journalist of the year I think investigating filth in NHS hospitals. At least I think that is what he was doing. Either that or he wanted medical information for a soap he was involved in writing. Anyway I met him at my office at the CHC and thought he was a nice chappie.

No comments: