Friday 22 May 2009

Thor's Day

More shopping. We may have overdone it a bit, so Romy suggested three small raffles between performers, which is a good idea as some people have to leave early.

My Dead Sea Magik shampoo bottle reads: 'we blend mud, salt and mineral extracts from the depths of the Dead Sea to deeply hydrate, and soothe your body and mind. Enjoy'.
It could well be that my mind needs hydrating. I am just hoping the shampoo does not seep through into my brain.

Just seen some children reciting 'I must go down to the sea again' on telly. Took me right back to my youth. This was a well known poem to recite, along with 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness', 'Macavity the mystery cat' 'Cargoes', etc. I seem to remember trying to learn 'The Ryme of the Ancient Mariner' with a certain lack of success. It was rather long.

Having to recite poems in front of the class, and at assembly, occasionally in front of the whole school, did train children not only to learn, but also to perform. No bad thing.

No comments: