Saturday 30 May 2009

Saturday Afternoon and Evening


Newspaper and a Bloody Mary at Lye Torng. Put the orange cake in the oven. Sunning myself for a few minutes I noticed that I was covered in a rash all over my arms. Strange. I wonder if I have become allergic to strawberries - a well-known allergen.

Had a tuna snack thing with some chopped Iceberg lettuce for lunch. I've made some onion soup with Stilton for tonight.

The orange cake has come out very well. It may not look that good, the outside is always dark, but the inside is a lovely pale orange colour, and it smells and tastes divine. I shall freeze most of it. At some stage I am thinking of making raspberries in wine jelly. The one I had in the Boot & Flogger recently was really good and looked excellent in a champagne flute. Supposed to be really easy but I can somehow make anything go wrong. We shall see.

Final of BGT tonight. Actually it has become a bit boring so I shall be glad to see the last of it.

No comments: