Thursday 7 May 2009

Thursday Evening

Collected my mobile from the office and set off for the theatre. Crowds of well-dressed punters had turned up for Carousel.

I have to say I had a problem staying awake during the first half, despite very good sets and effects. The accents weren't very good and as often happens, one could not hear what people were saying. As I have always avoided musicals in the past, I had no idea of the story. I managed to get the gist of it however, and the second half was much better, good singing and dancing etc.

The SE1 forum dinner party has taken rather a strange turn: huge problems arranging a date in May and it has been put forward until the middle of June, just a couple of weeks before I am due to host. In addition the host wants to invite two extra guests. These are people who want to join in but had been told they could not until a new rota was formed. I had no objection to this as a one-off and the host wanted to do it, but it could prove difficult for guests who are providing the food and now having to cater for eight rather than six. I am not sure what has happened. It may be that my fellow guests have not agreed to the inclusion of two extra people, since the host has posted to the forum asking when there is going to be another meeting to discuss the concept and how it is working. I suppose all will be revealed eventually.

No comments: