Sunday 5 August 2012

Mamuska

is not the cafe for weight loss: had today's special which was ribs with sauerkraut and mash, followed by ice cream with choc sauce. Dear me. The child upstairs has chosen this moment to thunder up and down the room, just as my new lodger is due to arrive. Still, I suppose the noise won't be too bad from her room in the basement, and as Julian and Dorothy declare, I was lucky to get someone and she probably won't stay long at all. Looking at the state of the flat, I think they are probably right. I think I am too old, messy and selfish to share with anyone, but need to have a try. I must remember to pay the plumber tomorrow, and ring up the podiatry people who want me to ring them for an 'assessment appointment.' My new lodger is now in place, still doing Ramadan so I could not offer her tea. She offered me some Turkish coffee which is not my thing, but it was very kind of her. She is starting work in a month, so I hope she will be able to pay the rent which is due weekly. Kook is lying in a state of exhaustion on my bed, recovering from the effort of having woken me up at 5.30 this morning. I had another go at the Art cafe sketch with which I am still not happy, but there you go, I am bored with it now.

No comments: