Friday 1 February 2008

Furniture Moving and Anniversary

I was moving the furniture about a bit to get the optimum dining configuration and I think I have achieved this. Aesthetically it is far from perfect but really quite good for dinner in that the chairs can be comfortably pulled out for seating.

However, when I was moving one of my new white chairs in from the hall I saw lots of rather nasty scratches on the seat of this where I must have dumped some shopping. They look like plastic chairs but are obviously painted and have not benefited from being scratched. I really could do with one more for dinner, but never mind, will use one from somewhere else.

Funnily enough I did not have to move the chaise longue arm, so one less thing to do. I am still slogging away in the bedroom and spare room. I shall have a major go at the silver next and check how many matching glasses etc there are. Pity I only have a set of four of the "Onde' plates and things. A good thing they are all white, though. I am not sure whether to do mats, which I prefer, or a tablecloth. And if a tablecloth, a white one with linen napkins, or a brightly coloured printed Danish one which I got from Gudrun Sjoden. Decisions, decisions. I may be completely wasting my time, but it is all good fun. If nothing else I now have a reasonably decent dining area so will have to start actually doing a few dinners.

In all this it had quite escaped me that it is Dorothy and Julian's eleventh wedding anniversary today. They will go out to dinner tonight, and I expect they will go to a club or two tomorrow night.

No comments: